Empowering adult children to confidently navigate the complexities caring for aging parents through online education and a supportive community.
Transforming the aging journey worldwide.
Our bold vision is to empower every family to forge more substantial, meaningful connections with their aging parents, fostering a profound sense of fulfillment and ease throughout this process. As a result, when the time eventually comes, families will find solace and strength, allowing them to navigate the passing of their beloved parent with grace and compassion. Moreover, our approach sparks a ripple effect, enabling open conversations about aging across generations and enriching lives at home and in the workplace.
At ElderHonor, our mission is to honor our parents. They planned for our arrival, protected us when we were not able to take care of ourselves, watched over us as we took our first steps, cared for us as we went through the trials of growing up, and launched us into the world.
We understand that this path is different for everyone, some had caring parents and some did not. Some were left on their own at an early age while others have a lasting relationship with their parents. Through all the struggles, trials, disappointments there was hopefully love. That love is what we rely on in hard times and good.
We have been there, too many times, having to sit with our parents, get the care they couldn’t ask for, fly cross-country for weeks at a time, be an advocate with doctors and nurses, manage their meds, have conversations you thought you shouldn’t have to have, make final arrangements, and clean out homes and storage facilities to decide who gets what and where the rest of it goes.
Our founder, David Moyer, and his lovely wife have experienced a well thought out plan and have seen the opposite, fighting for every morsel of help. Some of this was not knowing where to go, who to ask, or what to do. Other times they had to press past people who just saw our parent as a number, and not Mom or Dad. Not everyone was like that, there were sympathetic and helpful people as well. They are the gems in life that keep you going.
We had to do something.
Experiencing this first-hand, hearing stories of others in similar or worse situations, was David’s motivation to do something. Since he and his wife were caregivers to their parents, he knew there had to be a better way. His approach was to provide education to anyone who was facing similar situations so they didn’t have to go through the stress of figuring out how to provide care while figuring out how to do it and make it work. David became a Certified Senior Advisor (see the video below). That experience led him to develop ElderHonor to be able to reach out and help those in a similar situation.
Our goal is to help you Honor your parents by educating you (caregivers) so that you have the Knowledge to provide a better Life to your parent or loved one.
Honor – Knowledge – Life
We are always open to hearing more about things you may need help with so drop us a note to let us know what we can do to take away fear, anxiety, doubt and turn that into confidence, clarity, and knowledge.
Join us and many others on the journey of providing care to our parents and others.
- Compassion & Empathy: Prioritizing understanding and emotional support for families.
- Integrity & Trust: Building trust through honesty and transparency.
- Empowerment & Knowledge: Equipping families with tools and resources for confident decision-making staying up-to-date with the latest developments in elder care and caregiving practices.
- Innovation: Embracing technology and innovative approaches to enhance our training and education programs.
- Collaboration & Unity: Fostering collective growth through community support and shared experiences.
- Excellence & Quality: Striving for top-notch training and education services.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Tailoring support to meet unique family needs.
- Family First: We place family values at the core of our organization’s mission, always striving to enhance family dynamics and relationships during aging.
- Long-term Impact & Relationships: Cultivating lasting positive effects on families.
- Joyful Positivity: Infusing optimism and joy into the caregiving journey.
By embracing these family-oriented values, our organization aims to create a supportive, nurturing environment that enriches our lives and fosters enduring connections among families worldwide.