Caregiving responsibilities for aging parents takes a toll on employees as they juggle responsibilities at work and at home. Providing time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a good start, but is not enough when facing the challenges of taking care of your parent who is losing abilities as they age. ElderHonor offers a solution to help employees through this journey with an EAP.
The graphics below provide information on the impact caregiving employees experience and on their company.
Just the Facts
- 61% of caregivers are women in their 40s.
- 67% of caregivers miss work or take unpaid leave.
- 61% of careers are impacted due to care responsibilities.
- 80% of caregivers 18-35 are extremely to moderately stressed.
- $5-6B lost in productivity, absenteeism, and replacement costs.
- 21% care for aging parents, spending 24 to 30 hours/week to care for them.
- Employee training that gives them confidence in making decisions and helps them develop an action plan.
- Eighty, 15-40 minute videos, with 30+ assessments and worksheets.
- A community to ask and answer questions, see best practices, and access additional resources.
- Interactive sessions with experts in aging, elder law, signs of elder abuse, aging-in-place, costs of elder care, understanding Medicare, in-home care, advance care directives, Alzheimer’s disease, palliative care, hospice, and more.
- Peace of mind and less stress.
- Ability to focus more on their job.
- Confidence in making decisions on behalf of their parents.
- Developing a plan to follow instead of management by crisis.
- Increased productivity.
- Increased employee loyalty.
- Being more present on the job.
- Improved retention of high value employees.
All sources listed at bottom of page.
Types of care being provided by employees
Financial & Employment6
Company management hit hardest1
The Complete Caregiver Toolkit
Over 90 videos, 30 Assessments, and Worksheets
Our Program is Family Oriented
Your employees can impact extended family members to create
generations of confident caregivers.
Our one-day workshops are currently on-hold due to COVID. Please contact us for available dates.
hello [at] elderhonor [dot] com
- The Care Giving Company
- How Employers Can Support Working Caregivers
- Caregiving in the United States 2020
- Supporting Employee Health and Wellbeing in a Changing Work Environment
- Women and Caregiving: Facts and Figures
- Caregiving In America: The Strain, The Pain, The Emotional Drain
- The Caregiving Landscape: Challenges and Opportunities for Employers